20 beds. About 650 surgeries per year.
Within 5 years, more than 2300 surgeries have been performed.
We help people who suffer from non-lethal diseases which, however, make their life in society uncomfortable. We do our best to return patients to physical, psychological health and social well-being.
Conditions treated at the department:
– pain syndromes
– extrapyramidal disorders
– effects of peripheral nerve trauma and diseases
– infantile cerebral palsy
– parkinson disease
– torsion dystonia
– essential tremor
– hemifacial spasm
– atypical prosopalgia
– trigeminal neuralgia
– deep seated brain lesions
– neuropathic pain syndromes
– posttraumatic, post-stroke spasticity
– Arnold-Chiari malformation
– hydrocephalus (in adults)
– complex posttraumatic skull defects
In our Department we have acquired and implemented a number of technologies absolutely new for our country, such as, for example, neurostimulation or resection techniques for epilepsy treatment.
The staff of the Department consists of 27 professionals are employed in the department.